I have grown to have a passion for being set apart daily with my words and attitude and actions and overall personality. I no longer am satisfied with simply asking people how their day is and leaving them to go on without my encouragement....I am also no longer satisfied with complaining when there is something to complain about just because there is.....I also am not satisfied with laughing at things that are not pleasing to God or doing things that are not pleasing to Him either. My friend Doug has challenged me recently to not say anythign if it is not meant for edification to others. I really want to apply that to my life and to not simply live for myself and make things about me. I want to turn all my conversations to the eternal not the physical. I love the fact that I have such a great group of fellow believers who are there to help encourage me to pursue Jesus with my thoughts and words and actions. I have been struggling with a lot of different things mentally and God has given me victory over those through my brothers and sisters in Christ. I feel that if it weren't for these great friends, I would not have grown at all in the Lord since I got here. I am praying that God will continue to work in each of our hearts and that He will set each of us aside from the world so that we stand out in everything....I really want people to beg the question, "what is different about you?" and really find out that I have been totally redeemed of my former life with sin.
At Fan Into Flame, which means at my house, Thursday night, God brought us into conversing about evangelism...and Nate, who once said that this sort of evangelism was SO wrong and just self-righteous, stood up and said that he was very wrong about that.....He said that he has found that evangelism fires up the believer to the point of a purpose for everyday of life....he got so into it that he said, "I've gotta go now" and walked out....he came back a few hours later and told an amazing story about how he had gone straight to the KA house (because hes in the frat) and parked his car to talk to folks on campus. Well they were having a party at the house and he got to share with a few of his buddies there about how horrible it is live for this life and how they need to turn to Christ....they all left....he didn't stop....he then went to the UC and talked with some guys skateboarding....one rejected him, the other didn't.....he told the atheist who talked with him t...
Comments